What better way to recycle and reuse old Christmas Cards and Holiday Greeting Cards than to make ornaments out of them.
Before starting make sure you have all the necessary supplies and the Christmas Cards Ball Ornament template. The quantity of Christmas cards or Holiday greeting cards you will need depends on the size ball you decide to make.
If you would like to make a bigger ball ornament than what is shown in the template feel free to use a photo copier to enlarge the template.
- Old or used Christmas or Holiday Greeting Cards (quantity depends on the size you choose)
- White glue
- Christmas Cards Ball Ornament Template
- Download and print out the Christmas Cards Ball Ornament template.
- Choose one of the 4 circles shown on the bottom half of the template and cut it out along the doted line.
- Trace the circle you cut out 20 times onto the backs of old Christmas or holiday greeting cards.
- Cut the triangle out of your circle template by removing the 3 sides of the circle (see diagram).
- Trace the triangle into the 20 circles you drew on the Christmas cards backs so that its three points touch the edge of the circle as it does in the diagram.
- Cut out the twenty Circles for the Christmas cards or Holiday greeting cards.
- fold all 20 circle towards the front side of the Christmas or holiday greeting cards along the 3 sides of the triangle you drew to create 3 flaps.
- Glue all 60 flaps together in this sequence to form the ball. The top and bottom parts of the ornament are formed by gluing five triangle shapes together. The center section is formed by gluing 10 alternating triangle shapes to form a straight line. Once the three sections are completed, glue the top piece to the center piece and then attache the bottom.
- Punch a hole at top of ball and thread some string to hang it.
- Repeat as necessary.
Additional Steps to decorate your Christmas Card Ball Ornament:
Glue metallic cord or glitter to the edges