Christmas card beverage coasters are an easy way to recycle last years used or leftover Christmas and holiday greeting cards.
Coasters are a great way to spread the Christmas cheer throughout the house during the holiday season. Simple to make, beverage coasters are a great project for small children or last minute decorations for your living room. Follow along with the instructions below and download the Christmas Card Coaster Shape Template to get you started with some seasonal shapes.
- Old Christmas Cards
- Cold or hot laminate
- Christmas Card Coaster Shape Template (optional)
- Download and print out the Christmas Card Coaster Shape Template.
- Select a shape from the template and cut it out with scissors
- Choose a leftover or used Christmas or holiday card and remove the back panel.
- Trace the shape you cut from the coaster template onto the backside of the Christmas card front. Be careful to line it up with the image on the front of the card.
- Using a scissors, cut the traced shape from the card.
- Laminate your Christmas Card Coasters using self sealing cold laminate or for better results laminate them with a hot laminator. Most copy shops have large continuous feed laminators which do a great job.
- Trim off excess lamination from around your coasters.
Add glitter, metallic cord or other materials around the edges to give it a custom feel.